i subscribe to the well daily blog and today this arrived in my inbox, so i decided to answer those same questions. try it yourself.
1. what 3 things bring you the most happiness? loving my children, husband, family and friends, knowing that i’m continuing my journey toward being present each moment and waking up each morning with joy and gratitude.
2. what’s your life theme song? always look on the bright side of life from monty python.
3. what do you do for stress? meditate, stretch, yoga practice, walk the dogs, read, lay on tennis balls, take magnesium, stay in the present moment and know that this too shall pass.
4. how do you get your exercise? yoga practice, walking, dance around the house to my favorite music.
5. what did you have for breakfast this morning? coffee with soy milk. i never have breakfast but i eat small meals every 3-4 hours so my blood sugar stays level. like the doctor mentioned in the blog above, i never feel much like eating in the morning. my tummy needs time to adjust to being vertical.
6. what’s your favorite quote? ‘we are here to awaken from the illusion of our separateness’ by thich nhat hanh. because we’re not separate but connected in extravagantly intricate ways through energy circuits, sound waves, light pathways, those systems seen and unseen. it’s a beautiful image if you can visualize it.
7. what’s a cause that’s close to your heart? ending violence against women, ending war of any kind, opening to the love that envelopes our universe and sharing it with others.
8. who inspires you? everyone who’s brave enough to speak their truths in love. the dalai lama, desmond tutu, gandhi, jesus, oprah, wayne dyer, gary zukav, eckhart tolle, lao tzu, president obama, etc. etc. etc.
9. what inspired you to be in your profession/career/life path? from a very early age, around four or five, i loved to draw. when i wasn’t riding my bike or roller skating, i was drawing. and it never stopped. my passion has always been about creating something beautiful, something soul-enriching, something thought-provoking.
10. if you weren’t in that career, what would you be doing? i’ve always wanted to be a poet. or a guru. or a gardener. or an environmentalist. or a designer of electric cars.